Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As Promised

I promised to put up some photos of our wedding, so here they are. But I also have an announcement! I'll be posting photos and information about someone who isn't me very, very soon! [Edit 10/07/09: The post is up, but since I worked on the draft before I posted this, it's showing up as having been posted first. Just scroll down.] And I'd love to post wedding blogs about lots and lots of people who aren't me, so please submit and/or spread the word to friends who might like to submit. I'll be ever so grateful.

A little background:

Different parts of our wedding took place on three separate occasions; we had our sand ceremony one evening, we said our vows and exchanged our rings a couple of weeks after that, and we made everything legal a bit later still.

My stepdaughter lives across the country and we really wanted her to be with us the day we said our vows, but coordinating that just wasn't possible. Her visit with us was about two weeks before, so we did our sand ceremony with the kids early and displayed our vase and pictures on the day we exchanged rings.
Our Sand Ceremony Vase

We also ran into a bit of a problem getting our paperwork together and ended up unable to get our marriage license on time. Thank goodness we'd already decided to get a self-uniting license; not having an officiant allowed us to simply quietly tell our families what had happened and go on with plans as if nothing had. We did tidy up the legal part a little later. And we still got the self-uniting license; actually doing so seemed to add some continuity to the whole process.

We said our vows at the beautiful Peace Valley Park in New Britain Township, Pennsylvania. DSCN7820

For our reception, we grilled steaks and cooked baked potatoes in the coals of the grills. We had a lot of wind and rain that day, but that didn't keep us from doing anything! DSCN7830

We also served shrimp, rolls, and salad. We weren't allowed to have alcohol at the park, so after the cake cutting, we had everyone back to the apartment for drinks. No one thought to take pictures of that, which is a shame. We had so much fun just hanging out with our loved ones.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we made the invitations ourselves, but not from a kit. Here's how they turned out:
Invitation CoverInvitation

I also made the wedding cake:
Aaron & Tracy's Wedding - 31


I hope you liked the photos, and I can't wait to see yours!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cake! It looks like it was a wonderful (several of them) celebrations for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Duncan Hines and Wilton icing to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete